We bring together parents, families and caregivers who are sighted or visually impaired for shared experiences, information, resources, training, and emotional support. Provided in conjunction with a youth activity, families can attend and fully engage in the program without needing to find care for their child. United in purpose, parents and families gain a degree of hope for their child’s future and confidence in themselves to support their child’s journey.
Benefits of joining a parents and family program:
- Understand more about your BVI child
- Gain information and implications about blindness
- Learn strategies and techniques for your child’s positive development
- Interact with other parents for shared experiences and emotional support
- Learn to foster the development of healthy attitudes and feelings toward blindness, self, and others