We can help you live an independent life with vision loss.
Have you recently lost your vision? At Envision, we can demonstrate ways to make your everyday life less daunting and take care of both your physical and mental health along the way.
What to expect when you visit Envision Vision Rehabilitation
During your initial visit, one of our low vision specialists will meet with you in the clinic to conduct an evaluation. This evaluation takes about 1.5 hours. We will tailor a program specifically for you.
During your initial occupational therapy evaluation, we will:
- Identify your priorities: what is important for you to be able to do?
- Map your remaining vision to determine your location of scotomas (blind spots) or field loss.
- Address your distance and reading vision as well as your contrast sensitivity.
- Introduce you to the range of optical and non-optical devices that may help you with your desired tasks.
- Explain the disease causing your vision loss.
- Address the impact of vision loss, its relation to depression, and the role of rehabilitation in alleviating those feelings.
- Recommend resources and further assessment and training with our occupational therapy staff, as appropriate.
- Report back to your eye doctor on our findings and our treatment plan.