Envision University Sets Agenda for In-Person May 2022 Conference
By Holly Herring • Apr 13, 2022
The premier multidisciplinary Envision Conference includes cutting-edge sessions and presentations by leading vision professionals within the U.S.; Early Bird Registration is due by April 30
WICHITA, Kan. (Apr. 13, 2022) — Organizers of the Envision Conference through Envision University have set the agenda for Envision Conference East with outstanding sessions and opportunities for professionals in the vision rehabilitation field. The conference will be held on May 19-21, 2022, at the Ohio State University, in collaboration with the College of Optometry, in Columbus, Ohio. Envision Conference is the only multidisciplinary conference with the goal of closing practice gaps and disseminating the latest advancements in rehabilitation techniques, research and technology.
Early bird registration ends on April 30. Both submissions and participant registrations with discounted early registration rates can be made through the Envision Conference website at www.envisionuniversityevents.com/ConferenceEast2022.
The two-day schedule of clinical education and research presentations will address topics covering a wide range of specialties, including optometry, occupational therapy, vision scientists, genetics, neurology and other areas. Highlights include:
- Ethical and Legal Considerations of Genetic Testing and Gene Therapy, with Rachelle Lin Assistant Professor, Optometrist, SCCO at Marshall B. Ketchum University
- Continuing to Close The Gap: Addressing Diversity, Vaccination Disparities and the Continued Impact of COVID-19 Among the Visually Impaired, with Parres M. Wright, OD, FAAO, Assistant Professor, MWU-Chicago College of Optometry
- Driving Communication: Evidence-based Decision Making and Serious Conversations, with Rebecca Deffler, OD and Bradley Dougherty, OD, Ph.D., The Ohio State University College of Optometry
- Research on Balance, Mobility and Navigation Affecting People with Vision Loss, with Shirin Hassan, Ph.D. and Kierstyn Napier-Dovorany, OD from Indiana University School of Optometry, and Jared Reyes, Ph.D., Envision Research Institute
- Orientation and Mobility Training for Nonverbal Clients with Co-Morbidities, with Ray Oddis, COMS, Envision
- Optical Rehabilitation of Visual Field Loss, with Shamrozé Khan, OD, FAAO, University of Waterloo School of Optometry and Vision Science
- What’s so Mild about Mild Cognitive Impairment and Visual Impairment? with Colleen O’Donnell, OT, CLVT, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan
- How Do You Respond to Patients Influenced by Consumer Advertising for Vision Rehabilitation Devices or Vision Restoration Procedures? with Ronald Schuchard, Ph.D., Envision Research Institute
- Remote Interventions for Vision Rehabilitation: Research in Telerehabilitation & Virtual Reality, with Ava Bittner, OD, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of California, Los Angeles and Josephine Wilson, DDS, Ph.D., Professor, Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
All education and research sessions offer the opportunity to earn continuing education credits from agencies such as:
- The Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (COPE);
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA);
- Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals (ACVREP); and
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC).
The full program is available on the university.envisionus.com/Conference website as well as the speaker bios and details here.
About Envision: Envision promotes advocacy and independence for those who are blind or have low vision. Founded in 1933, Envision is one of the largest employers of individuals with vision loss in the nation. Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, Envision’s mission is to improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education, and research. For more information, visit www.envisionus.com.
Media Contact: Holly Herring, Marketing Manager
Office: 316-440-1531 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org