WICHITA, Kan. (Jan. 14, 2022) — Organizers of the Envision Conference through Envision University are excited to return to an in-person conference experience in 2022 with outstanding programs and opportunities for professionals in the vision rehabilitation field. Envision Conference East will be held on May 19-21, 2022, at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Envision Conference is the only multidisciplinary conference with the goal of closing practice gaps and disseminating the latest advancements in rehabilitation techniques, research and technology.
Now through February 15th, program submissions are being accepted for clinical education, panel/symposia and research presentations. Both submissions and participant registrations with discounted early registration rates can be made through the Envision Conference website at www.envisionuniversityevents.com/ConferenceEast2022.
“Low vision professionals from around the world seek out Envision Conference for accredited continuing education opportunities they can’t find anywhere else,” said Michael Epp, manager of professional education at Envision University. “The knowledge, perspective and peer connections that attendees gain from Envision Conference has a definite impact on the quality of low vision patient care worldwide.”
Envision Conference provides optometrists, ophthalmologists, researchers, occupational therapists, nurses, teachers of the visually impaired, government policymakers, manufacturers/vendors of assistive technology and others an opportunity to share knowledge, receive mentoring and gain access to the latest developments in research, assistive technology and crossover considerations in fields such as neurology and psychology. Discover the latest in assistive technology by visiting the virtual exhibit hall and network with peers and leaders in the field. All sessions offer the opportunity to earn continuing education credits from such agencies as:
- The Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (COPE)
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals (ACVREP)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
Envision Conference is currently seeking intermediate and advanced content, particularly presentations, involving the following:
- Age-related macular degeneration; diabetes & diabetic retinopathy; glaucoma and rehab interventions; Neuro-visual deficits; Evaluating Pediatric vision loss and interventions; Vision loss with comorbid conditions
- Practice administration: coding and billing and staying updated on changes in reimbursement policies from Medicare
- Lighting, eccentric viewing, and new technology
- Keeping current on new research and tools in field (evidence-based practices)
- Referrals from other eye care professionals and/or other healthcare professionals
- Methods of diagnosis or treatment
- The need for national and international exchange of low vision evidence-based practices among individuals, groups, and institutions
- Competence in performing rehabilitation interventions
- Technology training for all age populations
- Recruiting more optometry, occupational therapy, vision researchers and special education students interested in LV
- Case studies demonstrating how assessments were performed, optic device chosen and why, how was magnification calculated, etc.
Complete details about Envision Conference, including a link to the submissions site, can be found online at www.envisionuniversityevents.com/ConferenceEast2022.
About Envision: Envision promotes advocacy and independence for those who are blind or have low vision. Founded in 1933, Envision is one of the largest employers of individuals with vision loss in the nation. Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, Envision’s mission is to improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education, and research. For more information, visit www.envisionus.com.
Media Contact: Holly Herring, Marketing Manager
Office: 316-440-1531 | Email: email@example.com