2301 South Water
WIchita, KS 67213
PRIDE (People Reaching for Independence and the Development of Excellence)
Oct 12, 2016
Provide services and instructional activities to individuals with developmental disabilities that are accompanied by blindness in a day program setting.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Previous experience working with developmentally disabled individuals, 2-4 years preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word/word processing and Outlook.
- Ability to drive company transportation vehicle.
- Possess interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, consumers served, management and customers.
- Excellent oral and written skills; displays communication that is complimentary to teaching strategies with individuals who have developmental disabilities accompanied by legal and/or total blindness.
- Strong planning and organizational skills necessary to maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability to work independently with periodic guidance and direction.
- Ability to give guidance and direction during crisis interventions with confidence and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively using sign language is a plus (but not required).
- Maintain excellent background checks and driving records necessary for position.
- Must maintain a current First Aid certification.
- Must maintain a current CPR certification.
- Current driver’s license and driving record in good standing required.
Ability to successfully complete required DOT driver’s certification and successfully complete DOT physical and drug screen, per DOT regulations
Key Responsibilities/ Essential functions include
- Arrange consumer work stations for production work, including set up of work space, maintaining supply of raw materials, quality checks on items produced and clean up of work area.
- Provide one-on-one and group instruction as outlined in each consumer’s Person Centered SupportPlan; implement goals, service support and treatments as needed and identified in the plan.
- Maintain proper record keeping of goals and objectives of individual Person Centered Support Plan and/or Individual Education Plan.
- Represent the organization when meeting with case manager, families and guardians to discuss consumer PCSP’s.
- Maintain weekly progress notes on all consumers served with no errors.
- Complete incident reports for any accident, illness and/or observations of consumer care.
- Responsible for administration of consumer’s medication.
- Monitor sustaining activities, projects, and levels of customer service (e.g. performance metrics) for material handling operations and report status, issues, and risks to management on a scheduled basis.
- Set up and complete time studies as requested by supervisor.
- Provide basic hygiene assistance for persons served.
- Provide meal preparation assistance for consumers.
- Act as a role model for individuals served displaying a positive attitude and being a team player.
- Drive routes in company van for consumers and employees as requested through transportation department.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Vision Requirements Include
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
- Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.