2301 S Water
Wichita, KS 67213
Aug 03, 2016
Safely operate a company van, provide transportation for employees to and from destinations, and assist employees on entry and exit from the vehicle as necessary.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
1 – 2 years previous experience in driver position preferred. Familiarity with Wichita metro area streets and landmarks a plus.
- Must be a minimum of 25 years of age, a Class C Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger endorsement preferred, but not required.
- Maintain a current valid state driver’s license and driving record.
- Ability to exhibit positive attitude and customer-friendly focus with passengers.
- Must possess the ability to work well with blind or visually impaired and developmentally disabled individuals.
- Must be able to remain calm and keep focus when transporting individuals, even when passengers display inappropriate behaviors.
- Must be dependable and flexible with schedule, filling in as a substitute driver on other shifts as needed by management.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and be willing to learn signing for deaf and/or deaf-blind consumers if necessary.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member with other departments.
- Current driver’s license and driving record in good standing required.
- Successfully complete DOT physical and drug screen per DOT regulations.
- Must possess a valid BLS/CPR certification.
- Must possess a valid First Aid certification.
Key Responsibilities/ Essential functions include
- Drive a van over a scheduled route to transport Envision employees/ approved Metropolitan Transit Authority riders to and from work sites and other approved locations.
- Check list and Transportation Board for names and schedules of employees and consumers for transportation assignments.
- Assist the transportation supervisor in planning of driving routes.
- Chart necessary information on Daily Transportation Schedule/Log.
- Turn in driving schedule/log and consumer payments to transportation supervisor.
- Assist passengers in getting in and out of the van as needed.
- Notify transportation supervisor of any issues that result from transporting assigned passengers.
- Notify transportation supervisor of potential van maintenance issues or needed repairs; assist in maintaining inside and outside appearance of van.
- Maintain full responsibility for the security and safety of passengers during transport.
- Follow all policies of Envision’s transportation program.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Vision Requirements Include
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
- Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.