2301 S Water
Wichita, KS 67213
Oct 12, 2016
Cut, assemble and/or sew pieces or other small parts to produce a finished product.
High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
Some exposure and experience in operating sewing machines or assembly work in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and management.
- Possess a positive work attitude and a willingness to carry out instructions.
- Ability to express and share knowledge and ideas in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
Key Responsibilities/ Essential functions include
- Cut webbing, vinyl, or other raw material used in producing high visibility belts and gun slings.
- Assemble parts and insert into fixture or guide with template per product specifications.
- Operate sewing machine using templates, fixtures and jigs to join or reinforce material or fabricated articles.
- Assemble small parts and place into various bins or containers per specifications.
- Observe and/or listen to sewing machine operation to detect defects in stitching or machine malfunction, and notify supervisor.
- Inspect finished products for defects or damage.
- Responsible for housekeeping in immediate work area.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Vision Requirements Include
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
- Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.