610 N Main
Wichita, KS 67203
Foundation and Mission Services
Jun 03, 2016
Provide leadership and direction in support of the mission, vision and strategic direction of the organization through the effective management of existing programs and the development of new programs. Ensure operational efficiency, delivery of gold standard services, client satisfaction, and compliance with regulatory standards. Promote ongoing assessment and improvement of services and delivery models that result in sound fiscal management while optimizing patient and client outcomes.
Bachelor’s Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation, Healthcare Administration, or related field required.
Minimum seven years program administration/leadership experience in healthcare administration or ten years experience in a related supervisory position may be substituted for the required education.
- Must be a strategic thinker, capable of conveying a vision and seeing it through to completion while executing within a lean and resource-constrained environment. Must have a strong sense of business, analytical and communication skills in order to develop strategies and programs.
- Interpersonal and critical thinking skills for providing close support and consultation to employees and other professionals in managing challenges and conflict.
- Relationship and team building skills, with the ability to engage and inspire diverse stakeholders around a shared vision. Ability to collaborate with various disciplines.
- Knowledge of current applicable laws and regulations of government and regulatory agencies and ability to prepare and oversee agency surveys.
- Outreach and marketing expertise, and/or proven ability to raise awareness and visibility for Envision and its mission.
- Must be able to demonstrate a history of excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams and to set and achieve strategic objectives.
- Willingness to travel in-state and occasionally out-of-state.
- Must maintain a current First Aid certification.
- Must maintain a current CPR certification.
Key Responsibilities/ Essential functions include
- Ensure that Envision provides high quality programs and oversee initiatives to grow current programs in order to increase the number of people served through each of the following:
- The Envision Vision Rehabilitation Center (EVRC)- Ensure that the needs of the patients and clients are met through delivery of evidence-based care. Oversee the development of patient/client outcomes-based management.
- Envision Child Development Center (ECDC)- a state-of-the-art childcare facility and preschool that offers quality education with the goal of integrating visually impaired children with sighted children maximizing each child’s potential.
- Envision Everyday- a retail store that supplies adapted aids for people who are blind or are visually impaired.
- Art education and outreach initiatives- Oversee a successful and inspiration art program for blind and visually impaired individuals.
- Support programs for children and adults with vision impairment.
- The PRIDE (People Reaching for Independence and the Development of Excellence) program- ensuring a high quality day program for adults who are legally blind and have an intellectual development disability.
- Articulate Envision’s vision and mission with passion, clarity and inspiration to a wide range of audiences and stakeholders.
- Provide leadership to rehabilitation services standard practices and participate in the oversight of the Utilization Review Committee and the Medical Advisory Panel.
- Foster a Culture of Excellence by providing leadership for continuous improvement, building teamwork, and creating a positive work environment.
- Protect the organization’s and department’s value by maintaining the upmost level of confidentiality.
- Ensure regulatory and accreditation compliance by providing leadership toward the development and maintenance of appropriate procedures and controls for financial management, legal agreements, personnel practices, client data, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with consumer and advocacy groups, the medical community, and other external partners in order to provide meaningful participation toward the success of the rehabilitation programs. Build and maintain a community presence through relationships with healthcare leaders and referral sources.
- Maintain professional affiliations and enhance professional development to keep current in the latest trends and developments.
- Represent Envision Rehabilitation Services in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, and third party payers.
- Provide leadership in internal communication so that the organization’s mission, services, and expectations are understood and valued.Communicate with leadership any issues concerning rehabilitation services for the blind and visually impaired as well as inform about current trends, problems and medical activities to facilitate policy making.
- Develop and implement the annual strategic plan and objectives for programs and services.
- Develop and monitor the annual operational budget and the business and financial affairs of assigned areas.
- Enhance the operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment without jeopardizing innovation or quality of care.
- Oversee efforts for recruitment, development, and performance evaluation of employees.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with cross functions in areas of finance, IT, human resources, facilities, marketing and public relations, professional and public education so that qualified staff are recruited and retained, appropriate human resource policies and practices are implemented, staff training and development plans are implemented, and financial, communication and technology systems are in place to support the operational and employee needs of the rehabilitation programs.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
- Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 6
- Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 3
Vision Requirements Include
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
- Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
- Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.