2301 S Water
Wichita, KS 67213
Sep 27, 2016
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for fulfilling an integral transactional and reporting function in the Finance department. This role is responsible for multiple aspects of accounting including accounts receivable invoicing and payments, credit analysis, collections, and investigation and resolution of discrepancies. Acts as liaison with client customers. Assists Finance team with adhoc research, reporting and special projects of a complex nature as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or related field is required; CPA a plus.
Minimum of 4 – 6 years of increasingly responsible accounting experience required; not-for-profit experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; spreadsheet design required.
- Strong proficiency with accounting systems.
- Considerable knowledge of double-entry accounting principles and practices. General knowledge of governmental accounting and auditing practices.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to handle confidential material required.
- Strong communication and customer service skills required to deal directly with all levels of employees.Ability to establish relationships with customers, exercising both firmness and diplomacy when discussing financial transactions.
- Works independently with minimal supervision; routinely exercises judgment and decision making.
- Ability to understand, interpret and efficiently carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment with constant interruptions.
Key Responsibilities/ Essential functions include
- Prepare daily accounts receivable invoicing and credit memos, issue on a timely basis.
- Conduct collection calls to collect accounts receivables, maintaining relationships with customer’s accounts payable departments.
- Sets credit limits, manages customer payment terms and grants credit for new customers, utilizing Dun & Bradstreet reports.
- Point person for invoicing and resolving issues in all government billing systems, including WAWF, Tungsten, USGC Finance Center, DOD E-Mall, 4PL, and IPP.
- Processes all receivables and billing for Envision Print department.
- Minimize bad debt risk and maximize accounts receivable collections; review customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for collection.
- Provide customer service and develop relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Research and assist in implementing systematic process improvements to enhance and streamline the overall collections process.
- Maintains a high level working knowledge of other accounting functions and provides advice to peers on A/P and Cash Management issues as needed.
- Analyze complex financial reports and records.Make recommendations based on analysis.
- Assist the Finance team with adhoc research, reporting and projects as needed.Participate in cross-functional teams to assist in driving quality improvements, processes, and initiatives.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Vision Requirements Include
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
- Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.