2301 S Water
Wichita, KS 67213
Jul 26, 2016
Responsible for using analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, improve and support procurement and other projects within the Envision Xpress base service stores located on military bases, the Department of Defense Electronic Mall (DOD EMALL), and the General Services Administration (GSA) Advantage program. Provide analysis and reporting that ensures Envision Xpress identifies and maintains the best buy vendors and pricing.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field preferred; however a combination of education and experience wherein the skills and abilities to perform the responsibilities and functions have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in purchasing, procurement or related work required; previous experience in government procurement, contracting and inventory control preferred.
- Data analysis or cost accounting experience required.
- Advanced Excel experience required.
- Retail industry purchasing experience a plus.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, most notably Excel, as well as internet usage and business websites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to:
- Participate as a contributing member of a collaborative team in order to ensure the team’s success.
- Work independently, conceptualize and execute projects.
- Manage multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Effectively interact with internal and external customers, establishing and maintaining productive relationships while representing the mission of Envision.
Professional Purchasing Certification such as Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) preferred.
Key Responsibilities/ Essential functions include
- Provide reporting and analysis to help manage assortments and execute pricing syndication and promotions.
- Supply reseller required data files to coordinate the pricing within time commitments agreed upon by Sales.
- Perform procurement support by performing a wide variety of standard and specialized procurement activities through the application of innovative and creative techniques.
- Maintain all catalog files (both spreadsheets and operating systems) for Envision Xpress Ecommerce Web site, GSA, and DOD E Mall contracts.Ensure all data is accurate and up to date.
- Coordinate with GSA and DOD E Mall Contract Administrators to submit adds, changes, and delete modifications for catalogs.
- Facilitate, support and manage all activities related to current contracts on DOD E Mall and GSA Advantage.This includes development and management of new contracting vehicles for DOD E Mall, GSA Advantage, and any new government contracting venues.
- Negotiate, award and administer contract terms and conditions of a highly critical and complex nature while complying with established organizational policies, as well as federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Utilize quantitative skills to compile and analyze statistical data in order to support business execution. Identify cost savings opportunities and collaborate with leadership to determine best pricing matrix to improve overall margins while remaining competitive in the channels we serve.
- Evaluate usage patterns with sales forecast information to establish reorder point levels. Calculate and provide forecast information to leadership, the purchasing team and suppliers as needed.
- Resolve pricing, quality, quantity and freight discrepancies on any purchases. Help implement a system to closely monitor these discrepancies.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Vision Requirements Include
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
- Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.