2301 S. Water
Wichita, KS 67213-4819
Jun 13, 2014
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a machine that produces plastic and/or paper products according to specifications, quality standards, and production goals in a manufacturing environment.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
Experience: Some exposure and experience in operating machines in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Basic math and computer skills required.
- Basic mechanical knowledge required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and management.
- Ability to express and share knowledge and ideas in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
Key Responsibilities/ Essential functions include
- Follow and comprehend work orders, routing guides and spec sheets related to operation of machine.
- Move raw material rolls from ready position to unwind position on machine.
- Secure end of new roll to core end of previous roll, and advance through machine prior to production.
- Run machine cycles assuring that all parameters such as seals, length, width, blocking, and batch count meet specifications and quality standards.
- Convey order requirements to production line pickers in work cell.
- Ensure production orders are completed on schedule.
- Confirm that box marking, labeling, taping and case counts are correct.
- Palletize boxes of finished product per specifications.
- Place scrap and cores into appropriate containers.
- Perform minor machine adjustments as needed.
- Work under general supervision, referring production, quality and machine-related issues to appropriate personnel.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Vision Requirements Include
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
- Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.