2301 S Water
Wichita, KS 67213
Oct 19, 2016
Perform a wide variety of custodial and light maintenance duties in order to maintain a healthy and safe environment for Envision employees and visitors. Follow established daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules including but not limited to, the restrooms, office areas, storage areas, conference rooms, hallways, kitchen and entrances.
High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
At least 2 years of previous custodial experience required.
- Self-motivated with ability to follow directions as well as ability
to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize while maintaining attention to detail.
- Possess a good work attitude and a willingness to carry out instructions and duties as assigned, while working with all Envision employees as a team.
- Knowledge of standard janitorial procedures, products, techniques and equipment.
- Concern for own safety performance and in maintaining a safe work environment for others.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, working with a diverse population.
Key Responsibilities/ Essential functions include
- Empty trash containers and recycling bins.Dispose of waste materials in accordance with established procedures.
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect restrooms.Keep all restrooms stocked with supplies (toilet paper, hand towels, soap, etc.) per established schedule.
- As scheduled:
- Vacuum and spot clean carpets.
- Sweep or mop hallways and floors.
- Buff floors with buffing machine.
- Clean, dust and wipe common areas, including stairwells, base boards, etc.
- Keep counter areas, tables and floor in cafeteria clean and free of obstacles. Fill supplies as needed.
- Clean cafeteria refrigerator on a routine basis.
- Ensure coffee, tea and juices are made and available mornings and afternoons in the cafeteria.
- Remove trash from around machines and deposit in appropriate containers.
- Report the following to the Custodial Supervisor:
- The need for cleaning supplies or equipment repair in advance.
- Water leaks and other maintenance needs.
- All other health and safety hazards noticed.
- Respond to service requests, coordinate resources and implement the set up and take down of furniture and equipment for a wide variety of facility and community events.
- Responsible for organization of kitchen supply room and custodial closet. Maintain inventory and submit requests for supplies.
- Use and maintain a wide variety of janitorial equipment and supplies. Communicate with other staff concerning safe operation and performance of equipment and proper use of chemicals.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Vision Requirements Include
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
- Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.